2nd Generation HIFU System for Skin Lifting
When High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) technology was not developed for skin lifting in the old days, ablative laser or chemical peel were used for skin lifting and rejuvenation. Subsequently, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) was used for photo-rejuvenation but the effects were short-lived and insignificant. However, IPL is still widely used for the removal of pigmentation, skin brightening, and hair removal.
Ultrasound to Tighten and Lift Skin
HIFU is currently the most sought after and effective treatment for skin lifting. Without damaging the skin and its surrounding tissues, it creates selective thermal coagulative zones on the Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System (SMAS) layer to improve skin laxity and reduce fat cells.
Temperature of the treatment can reach 60 to 70 degrees Celsius without damaging the skin surface. Over the healing process in the next 2 to 3 months, a gradual skin lifting effect can be observed.
How Does HIFU Work?
When electrical energy is transferred to the HIFU transducer, it transforms into ultrasonic waves. When the ultrasound is focused, it generates thermal energy at maximal focal point targeted at the deep adipose tissue and muscles.
It kickstarts the process of thermal coagulation to the SMAS, fascia, deep dermis, and subcutaneous fibrous tissues. During the next few months, skin tightening and rejuvenation occur gradually.
Why is Doublo Effective in Treating Wrinkles and Lifting the Skin?
Doublo is a 2nd generation HIFU system for skin lifting and rejuvenation. The unique function of Doublo lies in the dual layer treatment it provides.
- At a depth of 3.0mm, neocollagenesis and neoelastogenesis are activated by inducing thermal effect. In other words, collagen remodelling is stimulated to tighten the skin and treat deep-set winkles and fine lines to improve the texture and appearance of the face.
- At a depth of 4.5mm, the thermal effect causes the SMAS layer to contract and the fat layer reduced for a visible lifting and contouring effect. At this depth, Doublo is also able to effectively destroy subcutaneous fat, which is similar to the liposculting concept to improve the outline of the face.
You can see immediate lifting and contouring effect which is most visible in the jowl, double chin, neck, and eyebrow after the treatment.
Doublo: More Comfortable with Effective Results
Ultrasound emitted by Doublo is precise and has a wide dot size. This means that the treatment will be more well-tolerated as they will not feel a sharp pain as compared to other HIFU treatments in the market.
Although painkillers might still be necessary, patients have found that there is little need to rely on large dosage on anaesthesia or painkillers since the treatment is well-tolerated.
How Long Does It Take To See Result?
Collagen remodelling takes about 10 to 13 weeks to significantly reduce the fine lines and improve the overall appearance of the face. The dermis will also strengthen, creating a younger-looking, tighter skin.
Only one session is required to see visible skin lifting result which can last for as long as 12 months.
Who Is A Suitable Candidate For HIFU Skin Lifting Treatment?
This treatment provides the best result for older people with moderate skin laxity with facial fat. However, Doublo is also suitable for people under the age of 40 who wish to take preventive measures to stimulate collagen production in the skin and strengthen the dermis to delay the onset of aging.
- Non-invasive skin lifting treatment to tighten and lift the skin
- Improve overall appearance and skin texture
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines on the face
- Stimulates collagen production to delay onset of aging