Radiesse Dermal Filler in Singapore: Facial Filler for Skin Lifting and Collagen Stimulation
Radiesse is a type of dermal filler that is effective for plumping the skin by adding volume under the skin. Radiesse dermal filler is unique because it continues to exert its effects even after the treatment by stimulating your body’s natural ability to produce more collagen to reverse signs of aging by eliminating wrinkles and fine lines on the face.
Radiesse is the first and only dermal filler approved by the FDA for hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the back of the hands.
How Does Radiesse Filler Work?
Radiesse dermal filler is made of Calcium Hydroxyapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel carrier of sodium carboxymethylcellulose (CMC).
When injected, it immediately adds volume to deficient areas and contour facial features. Unlikes most dermal fillers, Radiesse continues to stimulate the body to produce its own natural collagen. Over time, the gel is fully absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres, leaving behind your own natural collagen.
Over time, the gel is absorbed, and fibroblasts appear. The process of neocollagenesis begins, stimulating the gradual growth of your own collagen. The newly formed collagen results in extended correction and increased patient satisfaction by looking younger visibly, but naturally.
What Results Can I Expect From Radiesse Filler?
Radiesse filler provides an immediate lift by restoring lost volume in the lower face, effectively treating moderate to severe wrinkles and folds. Areas that are most commonly treated using Radiesse filler are cheeks, jawline, and chin. It works very well for correcting deep nasolabial folds that can be quite difficult to treat by exerting a vital lifting effect on the lower face and deep set wrinkles.
How Safe Is Radiesse Filler?
Radiesse is very safe. It is one of the most studied dermal fillers available. It has been used to treat patients in over 57 countries worldwide.
It was FDA-approved for treating moderate to severe wrinkles and folds in 2006, and to date, over 6 million treatments have been performed worldwide.
What Makes Radiesse Filler So Unique?
It has a triple effect with long-term collagen stimulation:
- VERSATILE FILLING It has excellent rheological properties and has high elasticity and high viscosity, making it one of the best fillers to manage as it tends to remain at the injection site and guarantees excellent modelling qualities.
- VOLUME LIFTING Radiesse stimulates your body’s own collagen production through CaHA-induced biostimulation. After injection, the CaHA microspheres form a “scaffold” that provides mechanical stimuli triggering fibroblasts to produce collagen.
- SKIN REJUVENATION Because of its unique ability to induce collagen growth, Radiesse does not only fill deficient areas to smoothen out the face to remove wrinkles and lines, it is also able to improve the skin quality by encouraging your body to stimulate more collagen which is normally associated with youthful skin.
How Long Can Radiesse Last?
Radiesse filler can last at least 12 months, and up to 18 months, depending on individual.
Any Side Effects That I Need To Take Note Of?
The most common adverse side effects seen after Radiesse filler is no different from any other dermal fillers. Bruising, redness, swelling, soreness are some temporary side effects you may experience immediately after the treatment.
These side effects are temporary and should resolve within a few hours to a day or two.
Remember to inform your doctor in advance if you are consuming any blood thinning medicines, supplements or food that can interfere with the clotting of blood, such as aspirin, anticoagulant, ginkgo, Vitamin E etc. They may make it more likely to cause bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Skin lifting
- Replacement of lost volume from aging
- Facial sculpting
- Improved skin texture
- Improved skin firmness
- Rejuvenation of bony hands
- People with deep nasolabial folds that cannot seem to go away
- People with weak jawline who wants to redefine and achieve a more prominent jawline
- People who want to achieve an overall facial skin lifting effect using only dermal fillers
- People who want to improve overall skin quality especially on the mid and lower face, cheeks, marionette lines, and jawline