Reverse Signs of Aging Without Surgery
Skin changes are possibly the most visible changes on the body as we age. The skin is generally divided into three main layers:
- EPIDERMIS This is the outermost layer of the skin that contains skin cells, pigments, and proteins.
- DERMIS The middle layer of the skin contains oil glands, hair follicles, nerves, and blood vessels. The dermis provides nutrients to the epidermis.
- SUBCUTANEOUS LAYER The innermost layer of the skin contains sweat glands, blood vessels, and fat.
Each layer contains connective tissues such as collagen fibers and elastin to keep the skin firm, smooth, and taut.
When the skin undergoes the natural aging process, several changes in the skin take place:
- Epidermis becomes thinner.
- Number of melanocytes decreases.
- Connective tissue in the skin become weaker, causing the skin to sag over time.
- Blood vessels become thinner and more fragile.
- Rough patches and blemishes appear on the skin.
Turning back the aging clock with PDRN
PDRN treatment is a potent skin healing agent that addresses aging at the cellular level. Unlike other conventional aesthetic treatments such as lasers and dermal fillers, PDRN has a unique capability to heal wounds and encourage skin repair.
It is derived from a fish source because medical researchers have found that salmon DNA has very similar base structure with humans. PDRN is made of polynucleotides, also known to most people as DNA.
Harvesting polynucleotides from fish to treat skin conditions is not a new concept in medical sciences. Doctors use PDRN in regenerative medicine for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers and other skin conditions where accelerated healing is required.
How is PDRN treatment administered?
A thin layer of topical numbing cream is applied on the face. When the numbness has taken effect, the doctor administered PDRN into the superficial layer of the skin via a series of microinjections.
There may be bumps on the injection sites for up to a day. To reduce the inflammation and accelerate the healing process, your skin may be treated with a calming mask and/or LED light.
How many times do we need to undergo the treatment?
The full benefits can be seen after 3 to 4 sessions of the treatment. At Radium Medical Aesthetics, we have put together a program of 4 sessions of PDRN treatment over a period of 4 months so that you will yield the maximum benefits of the treatment.
- Reverse overall signs of aging by initiating skin repair
- Encourage wound healing
- Visible reduction in fine lines
- Increase hydration of the skin
- Achieve youthful, firmer skin texture
- Reduce appearance of scars by healing the damaged skin cells