Non-surgical facelift is probably the most talked about aesthetic procedure at the moment. In the recent few years, there has been a renewed interest in thread lift treatments in Singapore. This could be because people are becoming more impatient and they are always on the search for anti-aging treatments that have immediate, visible results without long downtime.
Although Ultherapy is still a popular skin lifting treatment in Singapore today, many people are not too keen on it because of its slow, gradual result after the initial treatment. In fact, Ultherapy is an effective treatment that stimulates the SMAS layer to produce more collagen to slow down the rate of skin aging. With thread lift, the doctor inserts a fine needle to pull on the SMAS layer to create the lift by anchoring the threads to the fat tissue within the SMAS layer.
Now, it seems that Silhouette Soft Thread Lift is the best choice for your pursuit to reverse the aging process; but here are 5 things you need to know about Silhouette Soft Thread Lift before you decide to go ahead with it:
Lifting Effects of Silhouette Soft Thread Lift
Manage your expectations. It is important to have realistic expectations when you undergo a non-surgical aesthetic treatment. You will not see dramatic results after a non-surgical treatment. The purpose of an aesthetic treatment is to delay aging by making subtle changes to your facial features and erasing fine lines and wrinkles to make you look less tired.
The maximum amount of lift that can be achieved by Silhouette Soft Thread Lift is about 1 to 1.5cm. If you have severe sagging skin, this treatment may not be suitable for you. However, if you are not keen to undergo surgery, you may discuss your concerns with your doctor and he will plan out a staged approach with you using a series of treatments which may include Ultherapy and dermal fillers.
Choice of Doctor is Important
This cannot be overemphasised. Unlike machine-operated procedures such as laser treatments or medi-facial, Silhouette Soft Thread Lift treatment is very much dependent on the doctor’s skills and experience. Your choice of doctor could make a big difference between a traumatic experience resulting in an asymmetrical face and a lifted face with tighter, firmer skin erasing years from your face.
Don’t be afraid to ask the doctors questions you may have. Some questions you should ask are:
- How many Silhouette Soft Thread Lift treatments have you done before?
- Any complications or complaints so far?
- Have you gone for any course?
There are not many doctors in Singapore who is a certified Silhouette Soft trainer. You can be assured good results in the hands of a certified Silhouette Soft trainer. Look out for one.
Remember the saying: Buy cheap, buy twice. Don’t be price sensitive about this treatment because it may not be worth to go through the trouble to fix a botch job.
Can I Do Silhouette Soft Thread Lift Even If I Have Dermal Fillers?
A patient who has had dermal fillers before can still opt for Silhouette Soft Thread Lift. There is very limited amount of lift that can be achieved using dermal fillers alone. Dermal fillers are capable of adding volume and provide subtle lifting for people who have experience mild sagging.
In fact, your doctor may work out an anti-aging regime with that may comprise of thread lift and dermal fillers for a complete makeover.
If you have undergone dermal filler treatment less than 8 months before the thread lift treatment, inform your doctor so that he knows how to perform the thread lift for optimal result.
Silhouette Soft Threads Don’t Stay Permanently In Your Face
Silhouette Soft threads are made of Polylactic Acid (PLA). For those unfamiliar with PLA, it is a key material used by surgeons for surgical sutures, medical implants and even drug delivery system. It is biodegradable and completely safe for use in the human body.
As the threads are dissolvable, they dissolve completely in 6 to 9 months after the treatment. However, the face will continue to stay in its lifted position for another 12 to 18 months, depending on your lifestyle.
However, if you repeat this treatment again before the effects completely wear off, you can expect the lifting effects to last even longer than the previous time.
Risks and Possible Complications
All medical treatments come with some risks and complications. Some risks of Silhouette Soft Thread Lift treatment are:
- DIMPLING AND PUCKERING This is a common problem that people may face. If the thread is too tight, it may cause the skin to fold and a visible dimple may be seen. If the threads are placed in the correct layer of the skin with the correct taut, you will see visible lifting without any appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- INFECTION Although rare, infection can happen. This boils down to the clinic’s medical protocol. The doctor and the nurses must ensure that the surgical drapes and dressing pack are sterile.
- THREAD BREAKAGE There is a risk of breakage for Silhouette Soft threads as they are very fine. The doctor has to be experienced to carefully manipulate the thread when inserting into the face to tighten the skin.
- ASYMMETRY It can happen when the doctor is not experienced in performing thread lift treatment. The insertion points and the manipulation of the threads must be very precise to ensure that the face remains symmetrical when lifted by the threads. This takes a lot of experience for the doctor to perform this with finesse.
Scary as it may sound, the above risks and possible complications will be significantly reduced if you choose your doctor carefully to perform the thread lift treatment.
Contact us if you like to find out more about Silhouette Soft Thread Lift treatment:
Call us at: +65 6837 0507
Whatsapp us at +65 8868 0356, or
Fill in the form and we will get back to you promptly!