LASEMD Skin Perfecting Laser
Treating Stubborn Pigmentation with Thulium Laser
Pigmentation occurs when there is excessive production of melanin in certain spots on the skin. Hyperpigmentation, as it is usually called, results in flat, darkened patches of skin that are different in colour as compared to the surrounding skin. They are usually light brown to black in colour, and can vary in shape and size.
Although there are many types of hyperpigmentation, the following are the most commonly seen:
- AGE SPOTS are caused by regular exposure to the UV rays of the sun. Age spots are often found on skin that are often exposed to the sun such as the face, arms, hands, and neck. They often seen as small, darkened patches on the skin.
- POST-INFLAMMATORY HYPERPIGMENTATION (PIH) occurs when injury is sustained on the skin which then leaves a darkened mark behind. The patch appears as dark marks or discoloured spots after recovery. PIH is commonly found in people who suffer from acne. It can also be caused by medical treatments such as laser treatments and chemical peels.
- MELASMA often affects pregnant women. Although it can affect anyone, it is particularly common in women, especially those who are taking hormone replacement therapy medications or contraceptives. Melasma is thought to form by the stimulation of melanocytes by the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone.
Effective pigmentation treatment using LASEMD
LASEMD Thulium laser is a skin resurfacing treatment designed for pigmentation treatment by creating micro-wounds in the superficial dermis of the skin to target pigment deposits at their roots.
It works by producing several deep, tiny columns in the skin called Microscopic Treatment Zones (MTZs). The smaller beam diameter (100µm as compared to 120µm in most other laser machines in the market) means that most people experience mild redness on the skin immediately after the treatment.
LASEMD’s advanced technology keeps your skin surface intact, which means your pigmentation treatment is safer, more comfortable and comes with less downtime.
Another feature of LASEMD is to customise the fractional laser treatment according to the patient’s skin concerns by using different specially formulated serum during the treatment. Using the Cosmeceutical Delivery System (CDS), it enhances the penetration rate of the serum to greatly increase its beneficial outcome.
Is LASEMD FDA-Approved?
Yes, LASEMD Laser System obtain FDA approval in Jun 2017 for the use in dermatological procedures requiring the coagulation of soft tissue, treatment of actinic keratosis, and treatment of benign pigmented lesions such as, but not limited to age spots, sun spots and freckles.
Does LASEMD have any downtime?
The MTZs are smaller in size because of the smaller beam diameter. This means that the pigmentation treatment using LASEMD Perfecting Laser comes with minimal downtime and mild redness as compared to regular laser treatments for pigmentation and other related skin issues.
You can expect some skin redness to last between 1 and 3 days. Avoid sun exposure during recovery period.
Who is a suitable candidate for LASEMD laser?
The LASEMD Skin Perfecting Laser treatment is suitable for all skin types, and visible results can be seen, even after just one treatment. Pigmentation treatment no longer needs to be associated with swelling and redness of the skin for several days.
With LASEMD Skin Perfecting Laser, it is perfect for the busy man or woman who cannot afford extended period of downtime that are usually associated with other laser treatments.
- Increase efficacy of skin brightening serum by enhancing skin penetration
- Reduce appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Stimulate and kickstart collagen production
- Brighten dull-looking skin and reduce skin pigmentation
- Achieve overall skin tightening and rejuvenation
People suffering from dull, unattractive, patchy skin who wish to undergo skin rejuvenation and renewal for smoother, tighter and brighter skin.