Profhilo Body Treatment in Singapore
What is Profhilo?
Profhilo is a BDDE-free stabilised injectable hyaluronic acid (HA) product formulated for treating skin laxity. As a BDDE-free product, it means that the small HA molecules are not bound to one another with repeating chemical bridges to stabilise them. In BDDE cross-linked HA products, the addition of chemicals to the natural HA may potentially cause problems.
With one of the highest concentrations of HA on the market with 64mg/2ml, Profhilo has a two-pronged approach in treating the skin:
- It works by volumising and hydrating the skin; and
- It remodels ageing and sagging tissue
Profhilo treatment for body
Just like how Profhilo is used for volumising and remodelling the face, IBSA recently launched a Profhilo injectable specifically to treat the body.
Profhilo body treatment uses the same hybrid cooperative complex HA to improve skin quality. Once injected, it stimulates skin cells to produce collagen and elastin. Further, it also improves fat tissue renewal and hydrates the skin.
Just like how Profhilo exerts its effects on the face, it tightens the skin on the body.
What areas of the body can Profhilo injectable treat?
It is safe and versatile treatment that can be used on almost any part of the body where there is skin laxity due to ageing, environmental factors, rapid weight loss, or pregnancy.
However, it is most commonly used on the arms, abdomen, knees, and elbows.
How is Profhilo body treatment administered?
The treatment is a 4-step process:
- The doctor will first assess your skin condition and determine your suitability. The doctor then proceeds to mark out the treatment areas.
- Profhilo body injectable is then administered into areas we want to improve.
- After the treatment, we provide you with a specially designed body patch to help soothe and moisturise the skin. The body patch also helps to reduce any skin redness that may occur during the treatment.
- The treatment continues at home with the Figura Body Cream, which helps to tone and remodel the skin on the treated areas over the next 2 months.
Is there any downtime for Profhilo body treatment?
Just like any other injectable treatment, there may be some redness and swelling immediately after the treatment.
To expedite the recovery and improve the skin laxity, it is essential that you apply Figura Body Cream over the next 2 months post-treatment.
How many sessions are required?
During your initial treatment, it is advisable to undergo 2 treatments, each held 4 weeks apart. Once the initial 2 treatments are completed, you can repeat the treatment every 9 to 12 months.