Radiesse: Collagen-Stimulating Fillers in Singapore
Radiesse is a type of dermal filler that is an effective non-surgical treatment that adopts a two-pronged approach to treat skin ageing. Firstly, it adds volume to the skin by plumping up deficient areas with sodium carboxymethylcellulose (CMC). After the CMC gets resorbed by the body, the Calcium Hydroxyapatite (CaHA) microspheres continues to stimulate the body’s natural ability to produce more collagen to achieve overall skin rejuvenation.
Radiesse is the first and only dermal filler approved by the FDA for hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the back of the hands.
How Does Radiesse Filler work?
Radiesse dermal filler is made of two components: CaHA microspheres and an aqueous gel carrier of CMC.
The role of CMC is to add volume to deficient areas and contour facial features such as the forehead, cheeks and chin. Over time, when the gel is full absorbed by the body, CaHA microspheres will take over to stimulate your body to produce more collagen. The process of neocollagenesis begins, stimulating the gradual growth of your own collagen. The newly formed collagen results in extended correction and increased patient satisfaction by looking younger visibly, but naturally.
What results can be expected from Radiesse fillers?
Radiesse filler provides a visible lift by restoring lost volume in the lower face, effectively treating moderate to severe wrinkles and folds. Areas that are most commonly treated using Radiesse filler are cheeks, jawline, and chin. It works very well for correcting deep nasolabial folds that can be quite difficult to treat by exerting a vital lifting effect on the lower face and deep set wrinkles.
How safe is Radiesse filler?
Radiesse is very safe. It is one of the most studied dermal fillers available. It has been used to treat patients in over 57 countries worldwide.
It was FDA-approved for treating moderate to severe wrinkles and folds in 2006, and to date, over 6 million treatments have been performed worldwide.
What makes Radiesse filler different from regular HA fillers?
Unlike HA fillers which seek to plump up the skin and contour the face temporarily, Radiesse offers a longer-lasting treatment that has a triple effect outcome with long-term collagen stimulation:
- VERSATILE FILLING It has excellent rheological properties and has high elasticity and high viscosity, making it one of the best fillers to manage as it tends to remain at the injection site and guarantees excellent modelling qualities.
- VOLUME LIFTING Radiesse stimulates your body’s own collagen production through CaHA-induced biostimulation. After injection, the CaHA microspheres form a “scaffold” that provides mechanical stimuli triggering fibroblasts to produce collagen.
- SKIN REJUVENATION Because of its ability to induce collagen growth, Radiesse does not only fill deficient areas to smoothen out the face to remove wrinkles and lines, it is also able to improve the skin quality by encouraging your body to stimulate more collagen which is normally associated with youthful skin.
How long can Radiesse last?
Radiesse filler can last at least 12 months, and up to 18 months, depending on individual.
Any side effects that I need to take note of?
The most common adverse side effects seen after Radiesse filler is no different from any other dermal fillers. Bruising, redness, swelling, soreness are some temporary side effects you may experience immediately after the treatment.
These side effects are temporary and should resolve within a few hours to a day or two.
Remember to inform your doctor in advance if you are consuming any blood thinning medicines, supplements or food that can interfere with the clotting of blood, such as aspirin, anticoagulant, ginkgo, Vitamin E etc. They may make it more likely to cause bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
Does Radiesse look natural?
You can expect some bruising and swelling immediately after treatment. However, when the side effects have subsided, you will be able to enjoy natural-looking results that restore volume and reverse signs of ageing at the same time.
Radiesse Fillers Trainer Accreditation: Dr. Siew Tuck Wah
Dr. Siew Tuck Wah, Medical Director of the clinic attended Radiesse Trainers’ Accreditation and is certified as a trainer for Radiesse dermal filler in March 2018. He has undergone extensive training in the use of Radiesse dermal fillers to achieve the best result for patients.
- Achieve visible skin lifting and tightening result
- Replace lost volume on deficient areas of the face with minimal risks
- Versatile treatment that achieve facial sculpting and improved skin texture and tone
- Obtain optimal anti-ageing results with minimal risks and downtime
People with visible signs of skin ageing and deficient facial features and volume. Most suitable for people who are seeking semi-permanent or longer-lasting treatment that has age-reversal properties.