What is hyaluronic acid? Why is it important?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a vital natural substance found in the skin. It works by supporting the structure of the skin, constantly renewing the skin and keeping it youthful by replenishing the moisture. Based on some studies, it was found that one gram of hyaluronic acid can hold up to six litres of water.
HA is critical for anti-ageing because of its ability to store moisture and provide a healthy, balanced amount of moisture in your skin to prevent ageing. One of the main culprits of ageing skin is the loss of moisture and the skin loses the ability to maintain the plumpness and suppleness. This results in dull and sagging skin and wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers for facial sculpting
Hyaluronic acid facial fillers are commonly used to sculpt facial features by precisely adding volume to the skin. Many dermal fillers are made of HA gel which are completely compatible with your body.
Hyaluronic acid facial fillers are long-lasting, but not permanent. They enhance moisture content and revitalize the skin so that it feels softer, smoother, and hydrated. Other than sculpting your facial features with great precision, hyaluronic acid facial fillers can also be used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Common areas that doctors use hyaluronic acid facial fillers to treat are:
- Forehead: Forehead augmentation can be achieved using hyaluronic facial fillers. This treatment is beneficial for those with deep set wrinkles on the forehead, deficient in the frontal curves of the forehead or people with loss of fat at the temples. By using hyaluronic acid facial fillers, the doctor is able to follow the natural contours of the forehead to restore the loss volume and give you a beautiful, prominent and smooth forehead.
- Cheeks: With the use of hyaluronic acid facial fillers, the doctor can add definition and volume to the cheeks so that it gives you the appearance of cheekbones. By adding volume to the cheeks, it creates fuller and rounder cheeks. At the same time, the cheeks can lift the skin to restore the shape and lift the mid-face to give you a better overall face shape.
- Chin: Many Asians have short and deficient chins. Using hyaluronic acid facial fillers, the doctor is able to give you a sharper, defined chin to improve your profile of the face.
- Nose: Hyaluronic acid facial fillers is also used to sculpt the nose by giving it height and projection. It is the fastest and most convenient way to shape and lift the nose because the facial fillers can be added slowly to shape the nose with precision. Fillers for nose is not usually done because of possible serious adverse side effects if not done properly by a skilled doctor.
Using the right type of dermal fillers with the right viscosity can bring about great skin lifting capacity, enabling it to give you precise definition of your facial features.
Are facial fillers safe?
Many dermal fillers are made of hyaluronic acid. These dermal fillers are very safe, with a low incidence of allergy or side effects.
How long can facial fillers last?
It can last up to 12 months after a treatment, and up to 36 months after just 2 treatments, depending on your skin condition.
What do you need to do to prepare for the treatment?
You should avoid alcohol, blood-thinning supplements and food such as ginger, garlic, omega 3 fatty acids, turmeric, olive oil etc. You should also avoid blood-thinning medicines. Inform the doctor beforehand if you are consuming them.
Any side effects after the treatment?
You may experience some mild swelling or redness at the treated area. Bruising may also occur. However, these should subside in a day. You may take an ice pack to ice the area and apply calming balm on it so that you will recover faster.
- Flexibility to enhance facial features such as nose, chin, jaw, cheekbones
- Improve facial contours easily with minimal downtime
- Temporary enhancement of facial features with minimal side effects
- Improve skin texture and contour of the face without undergoing surgery
Men and women who want to improve appearance by attaining sharper, more defined facial features without the risk of invasive surgery.